Crystals are vibrational healing tools that work through resonance. They have been used in healing humans for centuries and in last few decades have been adopted for healing felines as well. Each crystal has a specific vibrational frequency and amplitude that reverberates or resonates with, and attracts the energies of certain qualities within your pet. Think of this as the unique “personality” of a crystal.
Crystal healing is a non-invasive, harmless modality that works on any living being. In cats and dogs it can be used for balancing and calming emotions, reducing stress and fear, clearing energy blockages, energising and rejuvenating the physical body, treating common ailments and assisting with both acute and chronic conditions. It can also be used to encourage expanded states of consciousness. When using crystals in healing, it is important to be centred, balanced and grounded, and to have a clear intention for the outcome you desire, otherwise your thoughts, fears and imbalances may easily be transmitted to a cat through their conductive energy.
There are a number of ways to use crystal healing with animals. An important consideration is that if a crystal is small, your pet will probably think it’s a toy.
One of the best ways to use crystal healing for novices is via hands-on healing. This can be done by using either a predetermined crystal layout, or your own intuition. Hands-on healing takes time, but you can be much more precise about the area you’re working on, and for the length of time you are directing the energy. You can.
If you have less time on your hands, here are some other ways you can use crystals
- Placing larger (inedible) crystals in an area where your pet like to hang out
- Wire small ones on to the side of a carrier or cage
- In the water bowl (make sure they’re non-poisonous and too large to be ingested)
- In or under their bed (place tiny crystals in a pouch and place with the animals comfort in mind)
- As a gem essence; in their drinking water, applied topically to the skin, or sprayed on their bedding
Cats tend to be very sensitive to energies so I prefer that they be allowed to come and go freely from the crystal, dogs love attention and enjoy the vibrations of Crystals
Crystals I Commonly Use For Cats & Dog
- Amber – absorbs and dispels negative energy, heals on all levels, detoxifies, great for arthritis, allergies, asthma, bladder issues, infections
- Aventurine – stress, fears, relaxation, to heal emotional scars and promote confidence
- Black Onyx – parasites, bowel issues
- Blue Lace Agate – calming, cooling and soothing, good for overly vocal or heated animals
- Carnelian – strengthens appetite and life force, and increases the will to live.
- Citrine – for diabetes, emotional sensory overload, low immune system
- Garnet – reproductive issues
- Hematite – grounding, calming, soothing, kidney issues, blood disorders
- Lapis Lazuli – respiratory issues, detoxifying, dietary assimilation, enhances the energy flow
- *Malachite – arthritis, allergies, travel sickness, obsessive behaviour, brain integration, radiation, heart, liver
- Selenite – the best crystal for any type of cancer, for serious illnesses, detoxification
- Smokey Quartz – extreme stress, grounding, calming, nervousness, for travelling or moves
Or, to ease your way into crystal healing, you may want to start off simply, with the master healers. They are four crystals that can be used for any condition, anywhere on the body.
- Clear Quartz – the ultimate healing crystal, one of the most versatile and useful crystals. It amplifies other crystals it’s used with, known to raise vitality, strengthen the immune system, alleviate pain and inflammation, cleanses and purifies blood, and speeds up healing of injuries. Use it for everything!
- Rose Quartz – the crystal of unconditional love, great for abused, abandoned, rescued and grieving cats, great for fear, brings forth confidence and love, good for nervous pets, anger, aggression, and muscle tension.
- Amethyst – great for pain (physical and emotional), calming, stress, grief, fear, panic, and pining, great to use if a your pet has to be quarantined or kept in a crate or cage for any length of time.
- Turquoise – strengthens the meridians and subtle energy field, viral infections, protection, to strengthen the immune system, heal the whole body.